Disclaimer

I'm no Martha Stewart or Mary Poppins. I may even swear occasionally. I am not anything but myself, and trust me, some days that's even more that I can handle.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Come Sail Away


I love being on my boat. It's not big, it's not fancy, but it's ours, and we don't have a boat payment. We can house it in the garage (in fact, when we were having the garage built, Jason had it oversized for the very intention of storing the boat). Another plus? It has no sails.

While I love to wtach sailboats, you put me on one, and I become Regan from "The Exorcist." My head spins around, and I spew split pea soup vomit. Seriously. It's not pretty. I haven't been on a sailboat since I was a teenager...and I have no plans on changing that any time soon.

Plus, I like to go FAST. It pains me enough that a trip that would take 15 minutes in the car takes 45 minutes by boat. Good lord, I'd be on a sailboat all flippin' day and not even reach my destination. I realize that for some people, that is part of the charm of sailing. I don't have the patience for that nonsense.

OK, and there's another reason...with a motor boat, you gas up and go. There's no hoisting sails,
lowering sails, tacking this way or that. You just drive. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. I am allll about taking the easy way out when it comes to my leisure activities. If it's not fun, why do it?

Jason keeps making noises about wanting a sailboat and learning how to sail. I told him to go for it. I'll wave to him as I zoom by in my motor boat.

Besides, if we had a sailboat, the kids couldn't tube behind it...and if they couldn't tube, they couldn't wipeout...and if they couldn't wipeout, I'd have no pictures of said wipeouts to amuse me. Where's the fun in that?

No comments:

Post a Comment