Disclaimer

I'm no Martha Stewart or Mary Poppins. I may even swear occasionally. I am not anything but myself, and trust me, some days that's even more that I can handle.

Monday, February 21, 2011

If It Weren't For Me, You'd be Dead....

That is Jason's new mantra. If I've heard it once, I've heard it 67.9 gajillion times this past week. All my doctors have heard him say it. Even the dog and the turtle are tired of hearing it.

Now y'all know I love Jason with all my heart. I really, really do. However....when he is right about something, he is like a dog with a bone. He will gnaw and gnaw and gnaw at it and not let it go. Ever.

I will freely admit that when it comes to my health, he has been right about 98% of the time. Unfortunately, it's usually the big stuff he's right about. Like making me go to the Doctor for Bronchitis...and making me go to the ER (although I will point out he got the Pneumonia diagnosis wrong -- as did the ER Doc)...making me follow up with my Primary Care Doctor...all of which got me to where I am today.

It's no secret that I am hardheaded. I've already told y'all about how much I like to go to the Doctor. So, nothing gives him greater pleasure than to crow over me dragging my feet about getting an appointment, and then the Doctor fussing at me. Then, when the Doctor is done fussing, he starts back in and gets the Doctor all wound up again.

I know he does it because #1 he loves me and #2 he doesn't want me to croak and leave him alone with the kids. And the difference between reason #1 and reason #2 is really, really, realllllllly small. I mean, I don't think you could slip a piece of paper between the two.

So, in order to keep me alive, he has become Warden Jason. He hovers, he fusses, he worries, and he tells me that if it weren't for him, I'd be dead.

Maybe he's right, maybe he's not...I really don't care. I just want him to stop saying it. He can think it all he wants.

I'll let you know how it goes after my Cardiologist appointment on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment