Disclaimer

I'm no Martha Stewart or Mary Poppins. I may even swear occasionally. I am not anything but myself, and trust me, some days that's even more that I can handle.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Stick (People) it to Ya!


Yeah,I'm one of those Moms. I have a stick person family on the back of my mini-van...along with stickers from my kids' schools and places we have visited. I even have a purse with the name of my son's school on it.

And you know what? I love my stickers and magnets. Plain is boring. I don't eat vanilla ice cream because it's too plain. I may be many, many things, but boring is not something I strive to be. It's bad enough that I am driving a silver mini van (of which there are approximately 647 MILLION exact same ones on the road). Even before I had the stick people, I had unique stickers on my vehicles (the most memorable being "White Trash Goddess" -- oh, how I miss that sticker). Now, I do not have our names below our stick figures. I think that's just asking for trouble. I never had the kids' names embroidered on their backpacks, and other than sports jerseys, they didn't have their names on clothing.

I think the notion that by having the stickers, it makes my family a target of predators, is a load of hooey. Even if I had not one sticker on my MINI-VAN, the sheer fact that I am driving a MINI-VAN probably indicates I have children. And honestly. how many times am I alone in the van? Most time, we look like one of those clown cars at the circus...chock full of kids.

This is not to say I don't take the safety of my children seriously. I am realistic, though. I have my kids' pictures on my Facebook Page (with the privacy settings at the highest level). My kids' pictures have been in the paper, on the schools' websites, and on their own Facebook pages (along with all of THEIR friends' pages)...I think my stick people family is the least of my worries.

Besides, I think the stick person version of me is totally cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment